Saturday, July 25, 2009

Frick

I thought I would get used to stress. I've juggled projects, commitments, studying, traveling, maintaining relationships for years now...residency is a whole new kind of stress. I don't sleep well, I am almost terrified of become a licensed pharmacist for fear of having to do the final check of meds that will go to a patient right afterwords, I don't have schedule. I need a schedule. I need deadlines, due dates, consistency. Residency thus far, has not afforded me these luxuries. (I do get to stay at the Venetian for FREE in December though) I haven't had any real time off until today since, well... I don't know...during rotation, I'm sure I had a week off. We've gotten some projects lined up but so much of them is still unknown and it drives me crazy! I need to know specifics people , or at least ideas!
I've finished taking my exams and I'll find out if I passed the NC law on Tuesday or Wednesday. I could be a licensed pharmacist in the state of North Carolina on Friday...holy crap!!!!!
Relationships are crazy hard to maintain over distances too. I've mentioned Ryan...we've been together for a whopping 3 months but I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him; even my sis thinks so. This week has been hard. I miss him like crazy and I just wish he was here to give me a hug when I get home from work. I still talk to my mom every day, which is amazing. I love my mom. I don't get to talk to my sis everyday though. She's has two kids and it's hard to align our schedules now. I miss her and my nephews terribly. I fear I'm going to miss so much over the next year and that makes me sad. On top of all this, I'm a bridesmaid in one of my best friends, Kyrie's, wedding. They are having her bachelorrette shower next weekend in Amelia Island and I had planned on going until I realized it would cost me between $500-600 for the weekend between plan tickets, boarding ollie and chipping in for the house. I'm crazy sad about it.
So with all this said/ written...any coping ideas? Also...anybody got an extra $600 laying around?

2 comments:

  1. Separation from family is something I've been dealing with for over 3 years now. It gets easier. Phone calls, e-mails, texts, and picture texts keep me connected to the people I love. I missed out on countless family and friend opportunities due to financial/time inabilities. However, I made it through by opening myself up to the new surroundings and new friends who became family.

    All of that said... I will come visit you when I too am less poor and we can sit, drink muddles, and be merry.

    Yay free Vegas!!!

    ReplyDelete